Towns & Cities Close By
Three miles from Haygrove, Ledbury is your closest town if you work at Haygrove. It has, among the pubs, stores and restaurants, a Tesco's supermarket, pharmacy and library. There are also a number of gyms and a swimming pool. Ledbury is a short drive from Malvern, home to the Malvern Hills a good place to go walking and relax. Plus, Warwick and Eastnor Castle are both short drives away.
- A Medical Unit visits Haygrove campsites at Ledbury during the harvest season. Lead by Ania Talalaj and funded by three churches in the area it offers general health checkups and pastoral support to workers.
- Chat Caf is open every Thursday at the Roman Catholic Church in Ledbury from 10am-1pm. It provides space for people of any age, race or creed, to receive practical help and emotional support with the stresses of everyday life.
- Car Boot Sale is held regularly on Sunday and is within walking distance of Haygorve. Everything sold from DVDs to electrical tools – lots of bargains to be found!
- Ledbury Town Football Club is just a short walk from the farm and some workers manage to play on their team on the weekend and after work.
Learn more about Ledbury
Hereford is the main city in Herefordshire. Many Haygrove workers go to Hereford on their days off to do their shopping. You can find all the main UK clothes, food and entertainment shops in Hereford.
- MIRA is a project run by the Herefordshire council to help and support migrant workers in rural areas. They offer free English lessons, translation & interpreting for migrants and help organise events and activities. This year they organised a photography exhibition about the Polish history of Herefordshire
- Polish Saturday Schools are opening around Herefordshire, where Polish history, language and culture is taught to children of Polish heritage. There are hopefully similar schools opening for Lithuanian and Estonian families.
Learn more about Hereford
16 miles from Haygrove this historic waterfront city is home to one of the best domestic rugby teams. With working docks, great food markets and a beautiful cathedral (that was used to film Hogwarts in the Harry Potter films), Gloucester is perfect for a day trip visit. If you climb to the top of the Cathedral Tower you can see up to 40 miles across the countryside.
- St Peter's Catholic Church Polish Mass is held every Sunday at 2.15pm in Gloucester.
- A good Polish Restaurant – Polskie Jadlo – an International Restaurant serving Russian, Ukrainian, & Lithuanian Food can be found in Gloucester too!
Learn more about Gloucester
34 miles from Haygrove, Cheltenham is situated within the area known as the Cotswolds. Like Ledbury it is an old market town, now developed with shops, restaurants and entertainment facilities. Visitors from all round the world come to Cheltenham to shop, eat and take part in its festivals of horse racing and music.
Learn more about Cheltenham