Mobile Free Range Poultry Housing
Developed through our Haygrove Polytunnel innovations.
Specialist tunnels for seasonal poultry have been developed from Haygrove’s considerable experience in the manufacture of poly tunnels for horticulture. The units are typically built in 3 × 8m tunnel bays built together on a 2.5m leg that is drilled into the ground 85cm deep. This means that both the birds and stockman can move freely between each of the three poly tunnel bays. The units can built to any length, but typically depending on the flock size units are built between 25m to 50m long. Each tunnel includes an interconnect gutter that means that each unit stays complete dry. At each end the tunnels incorporate a roll up roll down door that can be lifted to 3m tall to enable full tractor access if required. On each side walls are built using ‘Gale Breaker’ netting – the side walls can also incorporate roll up pop holes if required. The units are roofed in a 300µm green on white polythene.
- 3 bays × 8m wide; typically 24m wide
- Typically built anywhere between 25m to 50m long depending on the flock size
- Temporary – no concrete required. The tunnels can be moved if required
- Support legs 2.5m long and drilled into the ground 85cm leaving free access for birds and stockman between tunnel bays
- Tunnels incorporate gutters to ensure the unit stays dry. Water can be collected and used for drinking water
- Roller doors ends opening to 3m high to provide full tractor access if required
- Doors and side clad in ‘Gale Breaker’ wind resistant netting
- Side pop holes can be incorporated if required
- Roof clad in 300µm green on white polythene
- Polythene can be easily taken off the structure and stored when the tunnels are not occupied. This increases the life of the polythene and also reinforces the temporary nature of the tunnels
- Fully galvanised steel frame
Want to know more?